Statement of Purpose
The primary goal of New Meridian’s Supplier Diversity Program is to provide opportunities to diverse suppliers and service providers that satisfy our procurement and contractual standards and those of the customers we serve. Secondarily, can support our customers in achieving their own diversity goals. At New Meridian, we believe that supplier diversity can provide us with a significant position of strength in which to operationalize our values and support our customers and the markets we serve. New Meridian works to create mutually beneficial business relationships with diverse suppliers and service providers that strengthen the communities in which we operate. We are committed to developing mutually beneficial relationships with:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprises (MBE)
- Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Disability-owned Business Enterprises
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB Zone)
- Veteran-owned Businesses (VBE)
- Service-disabled Veteran-owned Businesses (SDVBE)
Maximum opportunity will be afforded to diverse suppliers and service providers to participate with us as suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors of goods and services. New Meridian believes this program has the potential of creating better partners, stronger customers, and economic growth for our business partners, and our customers and employees. The policy ensures strict compliance with all regulatory agency requirements as well as with federal, state, and local procurement regulations and programs.
We invite opportunities to collaborate with and support the advocacy agencies that support the growth, development, and certification of diverse companies, including:
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
New Meridian emphasizes diversity in its hiring practices and celebrates diversity in its business practices. New Meridian’s departments are encouraged to identify and include diverse suppliers and service providers in their business planning and in their procurement processes. Diverse suppliers and service providers that demonstrate the ability to add value, provide high-quality goods and services that are competitively priced, reliable, and aligned with our strategic business model should be included in our sourcing and procurement process. This policy reflects New Meridian’s desire to create opportunity for diverse suppliers and service providers to market their products and services to New Meridian and to encourage New Meridian to offer opportunities to such suppliers.
New Meridian encourages all departments to explore opportunities to identify diverse suppliers and service providers to compete for business and from whom to obtain goods and services whenever possible.
Procedures for Identifying and Engaging Diverse Suppliers
New Meridian will participate with national, regional and local initiatives in order to maintain awareness of resources and will encourage diverse suppliers and service providers to meet with New Meridian to review product/service specifications, and review supplier qualifications including licenses, certification, and insurance requirements as appropriate.
Categories of goods and services we purchase and/or supply pursuant to our responses to RFPs include, but are not limited to:
- Professional services
- Content development
We aim to reach our Supplier Diversity Program goals by:
- Actively seeking out and identifying certified diverse suppliers and service providers that can provide competitive, high- quality goods and services whose business model is aligned with our business strategy and continuously expanding that network.
- When advertising for subcontractors, emphasizing our interest in attracting and working with diverse suppliers and service providers who can meet our customers’ needs.
- When evaluating a diverse supplier’s technical capabilities and experience, being sure to account for the fact that such firms that such firms may have historically been denied the equal opportunity to demonstrate both in a fair and equitable manner.
- Training and encouraging our purchasers to include small diverse business vendors in the purchasing process where there is alignment with our business needs
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of our supplier diversity efforts.
Procedures for Working With Diverse Suppliers (Training/Mentoring Program)
- As New Meridian adds diverse suppliers to its Supplier Diversity database it will endeavor to work with such candidates to improve their readiness for being included in New Meridian proposals to customers.
- In every proposal that New Meridian creates it works closely with its subcontractors and offers technical and management assistance and advice to its subcontractors to ensure that they are best positioned for success.
- Should a vendor not be selected by New Meridian, we stand ready to review the reasons behind the decision and offer mentoring and training going forward to increase their chances for future selection.
Objective: To support the growth and success of diverse businesses and promote supplier diversity within New Meridian.
Mentors: Experienced leaders within our organization who can provide guidance and support to diverse businesses including the New Meridian COO, CFO, SVP of Business Development, and VP Marketing.
Mentees: Diverse businesses who can benefit from the mentorship and training provided by the program.
Goals: To provide mentees with guidance and support to help them overcome challenges and grow their businesses.
Strategies: Mentors will provide mentees with advice, support, and training on a range of topics, including business strategy, financial management, marketing, and operations.
Timeline: The mentoring program will run for a period of six months, with regular meetings between mentors and mentees.
Program Guidelines and Expectations
- Mentors and mentees will be expected to meet regularly, either in person or virtually, to discuss progress and receive guidance.
- Mentees will be expected to provide regular progress reports to their mentors.
- Mentors and mentees will be expected to communicate openly and honestly with each other, and to maintain confidentiality when appropriate.
- Mentees will be expected to actively participate in the program and to implement the advice and strategies provided by their mentors.
Training and Support
- Mentors will receive training on effective mentoring strategies and techniques.
- Mentees will receive training on business skills and strategies.
- Ongoing support will be provided to all program participants throughout the duration of the program.
The effectiveness of the program will be evaluated regularly through feedback from participants and monitoring progress against program goals.
Adjustments to the program will be made as necessary to ensure its continued success.
The objectives of New Meridian’s Supplier Diversity Program include:
- Ensuring that, as a part of our strategic sourcing and procurement processes, 10% of our suppliers and service providers be minority-owned.
- Communicating the value of supplier diversity both internally and externally to all stakeholders.
- Working with diverse suppliers to increase their opportunities for and likelihood of success.
- Leveraging our supplier diversity results to meet our customers’ supplier diversity requirements.
New Meridian aims to achieve corporate diversity goals while enabling the growth of diverse businesses in our communities. We strive to create vendor– buyer relationships that allow diverse organizations to continue to develop, while offering quality products at competitive prices.
Diverse suppliers and/or service providers interested in doing business with New Meridian should register their companies in the New Meridian Supplier Diversity Database. Should a sourcing opportunity come available for which you are qualified, a member of the New Meridian procurement team will contact you directly.
For more information on New Meridian’s Supplier Diversity Program, please email email@example.com.